Posted on | July 18, 2012 | No Comments
Google Places – How do I get back on page 1?
Have you noticed lately how Google Places listings take up much of the 1st page of a local search? Have you moved to the second page of Google Places listings because of more competition and paid ads on page 1?
Yes it’s time – you need to use some elbow grease to get your Google Places listing where you want it – page 1.
1: Claim your business on Google Places and complete your profile as close to 100% as you can get. Edit and enhance your listing on a regular basis.
2: Create a Google + account and start working with this social media site.
3: Be consistent with your business listing on other local websites and make sure all of these are an exact match to your Google Places listing. For example, your local chamber of commerce, local bloggers, local businesses, Yahoo Local, Angie’s List, Yelp, Bing Local, City Search, Supermedia, InfoUSA, YP.com, Insider Pages, Localeze, Local.com, Kudzu, Merchant Circle, etc (the list does goes on).
4: Have your clients and customers leave reviews for your business at Yahoo Local, Google Places, Yelp, etc.
5: If all of this seems overwhelming, exhausting or you just don’t have the resources or elbow grease; hire Skagit Marketing to do all of the above. Furthermore, if you want to increase your rank for your important keyword phrases, hire us to:
- Install an excellent SEO plug-in and Google Analytics code into your website
- Set up a Google Analytics account, create a custom dashboard and schedule monthly reports
- Implement keyword analysis & strategy
- Optimize your website with the targeted keyword phrases
- Most importantly if you don’t already have it – create content that is relevant and compelling to your website visitors and optimize the content for SEO